my littlest one (2.5) became obsessed with ghosts this Halloween. She would point them out on shirts and say the word "ghost" and then make a boo kind of sound. It was amazing. I found some Halloween window clings and she would carry the ghost one everywhere. Even in the car! I decided to use the window cling as a guide and make her a ghost! She loved it and carries him lots of places! I just wished I used a washable fabric instead of fleece. Basic Instructions are between the two photos
How did I make it?
- Drew a ghost outline on white fleece using a pencil (tried to make it similar to the window cling since she liked that one so much)
- Cut out both pieces of fleece using the pencil as a general guide.
- Put a pencil mark where I though the eyes should be (approximately)
- With sharp scissors, made a small hole for the eyes
- Attached two small safety eyes using the holes i just made
- Sewed the two pieces about 90% together (right sides out) with white embroidery thread.
- Stuffed ghost thinly with poly fill. I wanted to make ghost thick enough so she couldn't feel the safety eyes. (Tip: Use a chop stick (or similar) to move the stuff around and get into the little arms)
- Sew up the remaining part and tie off
- Hand to 2.5 year old
I kinda want to make a snowman next, but out of washable fabric...
oh and we have started calling him/her ghhoooooost